DASA DevOps Product Owner
DASA DevOps Product Owner
The DASA DevOps Product Owner Certification extends traditional Agile Product Owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that the Product Owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The program covers the traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capabilities but in context of DevOps. As a result, this program is ideal for new and aspiring Product Owners and exciting for experienced Product Owners who are keen to understand how their role is evolving as a result of DevOps. The DASA DevOps Product Owner certification course is accredited by DevOps Agile Skills Association LLC. This course is covered as a 2 Day Classroom workshop.
The DASA DevOps Product Owner qualification is primarily aimed at:
- Existing Product Owners without certification
- Business Project Managers
- Business Executives
- Business Managers
- Business Information Managers
- Business Analysts
- Operations Managers
- Enterprise Architects
Know why DASA DevOps Product Owners are in demand these days: http://bit.ly/2WLZqbM.
To bring this course to your company campus contact us.
When you have acquired the required knowledge from this certification program, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum.
- Understand the Scrum framework including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done.
- Understand the role of Product Owner.
- Discuss the role and characteristics of the DevOps team.
- Explain the main competencies of the Product Owner.
- Describe what a Product Owner does in practice.
- Explain the Product Owner’s work.
- Discuss the importance of delivering value.
- Identify the Product Vision techniques.
- Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value.
- Outline various Agile estimation techniques used by Product Owners.
- Explain the role of Product Owner in managing Product Backlog.
- Discuss few challenging situations of a Product Owner.
DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association) is an independent and open, members driven association supporting the development of DevOps training and certification to the global market. Advocating the development of High-Performance IT Professionals and Teams through agile DevOps initiatives.
Start and End Times
- The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 on both days.
Format and Class Size
- The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of lectures, discussions and hands-on exercises. We aim to limit the class size to 20 attendees.
- Online and Paper-based
- Closed-book format and Web-Based
- 60 minutes, 15-minute additional time for non-native candidates
Number of questions
- 40, simple multiple choice (MCQs)
- Typically Product Owner Certifications have a strong focus on Agile and Scrum and the software development lifecycle. When software development teams started working with the Scrum model, the Product Owner role became an important and influential role in a development team.
- With DevOps, the scope is expanding, and Ops becomes part of the scope. The DevOps Product Owner is now in charge of not just developing new features, but also for incidents that come in and regular operations work that needs to be performed. The number of stakeholders is expanding, and product lifecycle management becomes more important.
1. How does this Program relate to other Product Owner certifications in the market?
- An existing certified Product Owner is not the immediate target audience for the DASA DevOps Product Owner certification program. The reason being that there is an overlap with the program they may have taken in the past. DASA covers the role of the product owner in the context of DevOps. This includes also elements that a typical product owner operating in a Scrum team would also do.
- The scope of the DASA DevOps Product Owner program is broader, and that is a compelling reason for a product owner to take this course. A small refresher on a number of elements key to a product owner in a dev team, now extended through with a broader set of responsibilities, a full product lifecycle management view, and more stakeholders.
2. Why would a Certified Product Owner want to take the DASA DevOps Product Owner Certification – what is the Compelling Reason?