Design Thinking Foundation[A4Q]
Design Thinking Foundation[A4Q]
The A4Q Design Thinking Foundation certification attests to an individual’s knowledge and understanding of this collaborative, innovation-seeking approach to problem solving and solutions development.The DASA DevOps Product Owner certification course is accredited by DevOps Agile Skills Association LLC. Holders of the certificate can apply the core principles of design thinking and use design thinking approaches to identify, and evaluate, creative and practical outcomes to real-life problems and business challenges. The certification is supported by accredited training. The accredited training course will help participants to develop their design thinker’s toolkit and show how to use empathy and experimentation to achieve human centred innovative solutions. The course will help participants to use and align tools (e.g. visualisation, rapid prototyping and customer co-creation) with design thinking processes. The course is heavily focused on developing the design thinking mindset and expertise in the use of design thinking methods so that participants will be ready to effectively apply learning back in the workplace.
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to understand the theory of Design Thinking and how to apply this human-centred approach to achieve real business value.
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Product Managers
- Software Engineers
- UX Designers
- Anyone involved in coaching or training teams seeking to implement design thinking
- Managers seeking to understand how design thinking can add value in their organization
- Business Analysts working with design thinking teams
To bring this course to your company campus contact us.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific entry requirements to be eligible for this certification or to attend an A4Q accredited design thinking course.
How does this certification benefit me?
- You will be able to explain the design thinking approach to solving problems.
- You will be able to apply design thinking approaches and tools to a variety of challenges and problems.
- You will be able to participate positively in collaborative ideation and evaluation.
Chapter 1 – Design Thinking Background
- 1.1 Definition of Design Thinking
- 1.2 Business uses of Design Thinking
- 1.3 Variety within the Design Thinking Discipline
- 1.4 Design Thinking Mindset
Chapter 2 – Design Thinking Approach
- 2.1 Fundamental Concepts
- 2.1.1 Empathy
- 2.1.2 Ethnography
- 2.1.3 Divergent Thinking
- 2.1.4 Convergent Thinking
- 2.1.5 Visual Thinking
- 2.1.6 Assumption Testing
- 2.1.7 Prototyping
- 2.1.8 Time for Learning and Validation
- 2.2 Design Thinking Resources
- 2.2.1 People
- 2.2.2 Place
- 2.2.3 Materials
- 2.2.4 Organizational Fit
- 2.3 Design Thinking Processes
- 2.3.1 Numerous Approaches
- 2.3.2 Double Diamond Processe
- 2.3.3 5-Stage d.School Process
- 2.3.4 Designing for Growth Process
- 2.3.5 Role of Project Management
Chapter 3 – Design Thinking in Practice
- 3.1 Process Stages of Designing for Growth
- 3.1.1 What Is
- 3.1.2 What If
- 3.1.3 What Wows
- 3.1.4 What Works
- 3.2 Design Thinking Tools and Methods
- 3.2.1 Purposeful Use of Tools and Alignment with Process
- 3.2.2 What Is: Visualization
- 3.2.3 What Is: Journey Mapping
- 3.2.4 What Is: Value Chain Analysis
- 3.2.5 What Is: Mind Mapping
- 3.2.6 What If: Brainstorming
- 3.2.7 What If: Concept Development
- 3.2.8 What Wows: Assumption Testing
- 3.2.9 What Wows: Rapid Prototyping
- 3.2.10 What Works: Customer Co-Creation
- 3.2.11 What Works: Learning Launch
- 3.3 Design Thinking Application
- 3.3.1 Design Thinking Applied to Product Development
Chapter 4 – References and Resources
- 4.1 Articles
- 4.2 Books
- 4.3 Learning Aids
- 4.4 Reports
- 4.5 Web Resources
- 4.5.1 Designing for Growth
- 4.5.2 Double Diamond
Start and End Times
- The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 on all days (For Classroom workshops).
- The timings may differ for online instructor led classroom
Format and Class Size
- The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of lectures, discussions and hands-on exercises. We aim to limit the class size to 20 attendees.
You will get a licensed coursebook and exam voucher. Lunch and tea breaks are on us. On passing the exam you will get the A4Q Design Thinking Foundation certificate from iSQI.