EXIN Agile Scrum Product Owner
EXIN Agile Scrum Product Owner
An Agile Scrum Product Owner certificate ensures that a candidate can successfully lead Agile Scrum projects in the context of an overall Service and Product Lifecycle, in a way that adds the most value possible for the customer. In order to do this, the Product Owner provides direction, makes final decisions, and ensures that the Team is aimed at the right goals. The Product Owner is actively engaged with, communicates well with, and listens carefully to arguments from the Team. Within the context of the organization’s larger business objectives, the Product Owner provides the vision, but also the boundaries within which this vision must be realized. This is achieved by creating, maintaining and prioritizing the business value driven Product Backlog. It is the Product Owner’s responsibility to make sure the project earns a good Return on Investment. A good Product Owner understands the business and the market, is the Voice of the Customer (internal or external), manages the product or service lifecycle and balances the need for both functional and non-functional requirements.
EXIN Agile Scrum Product Owner tests a candidate’s skills and knowledge of the Agile framework and Scrum methodology specifically with the role of Product Owner in mind. This certification focuses on adopting Agile or Scrum in the workplace and taking on the role of Product Owner. This course is covered as a 2 Day Classroom workshop.
Agile Scrum Product Owner focuses on bringing value to the customer and value for the business, through Agile project management techniques. This certification is especially suitable for professionals working in the areas of project management, software development, IT service management and business management.
- Agile Product Managers
- Product owners and aspiring Product owners
- Business Analysts
- Business Value optimization professionals
- Project Managers and Scrum Masters
To bring this course to your company campus contact us.
EXIN was founded in the Netherlands in 1984 as an initiative of the Ministry of Economic Affairs. It has over 30 years’ experience in the field of developing exams, accrediting partners and has certified over 2 million professionals worldwide. Since 1984, EXIN is a leading independent exam and certification institute, having certified millions of professionals in the digital domain. EXIN has over 1000 accredited partners in more than 165 countries worldwide. EXIN enables digital transformation by assessing and validating competences.
Topics covered in this workshop include
- Agile concepts
- Applying Agile principles to IT Service Management
- Tasks and responsibilities of the Product Owner role
- Other roles (Scrum Master, Development Team)
- From Vision to Product Backlog
- User Stories (including Epics, non-functional and functional requirements)
- Creating Sprint Backlogs
- Tracking and communicating progress
- Staying in control and delivering
- Scaling Agile Projects
- Suitability of Agile for different types of projects
- Managing complex Product or Service Backlogs
- Adding Business Value to the project
- Acting as the Voice of the Customer
1. Agile Way of Thinking
2. Product Owner role
3. Managing the Product Backlog
4. Complex Projects
5. Adding Value
Preparation guide can be downloaded contact us.
- 1 hour and 30 minutes
Number of questions
- 40 (Multiple Choice)
Electronic equipment allowed
Start and End Times
- The course starts at 9:00 and finishes at 17:00 on both days.
Format and Class Size
- The training course is taught as an instructor-led workshop with an appropriate mix of lectures, discussions and hands-on exercises. We aim to limit the class size to 20 attendees.
- Successful completion of the EXIN Agile Scrum Product Owner exam.
- Successful completion of an EXIN Accredited EXIN Agile Scrum Product Owner Training including Practical Assignments.
- Knowledge of Scrum terminology, for instance through the EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation exam, is strongly recommended.